Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holidays

Another Christmas come and gone....it happened so quickly, I didn't even get to chronicle it. We have had lots of snow lately...lovely, fluffy snow, so my family went sledding (I call it sleigh riding, but Matt has assured me I am incorrect, since we did not actually ride on a sleigh. I still like my term better)

PS Do we look cold? It was cold.

PSS Matt made the hat I'm wearing...my Christmas gift. Isn't it cute?

A close-up of THE hat. What a lucky girl I am. Ignore the gross cold sore on my lip

Be honest, does she look like "Randy" from "A Christmas Story?"

Christmas Eve was especially exciting. My parents received their mission call. Drum roll, please.....The Philippines MTC. My mom will be the medical advisor and my dad will be her assistant. You can see the look of shock and horror on my mother's face as thecall is read, but we are all confident in her abilities. (Sorry about the picture, Mom, but it is just too perfect) They leave March 30, and will be missed greatly! What can we say...the Philippines await!!

Santa came....brought Sophie a cooing doll and a baby stroller. She adores them both, but we didn't get any pictures of her playing with them. Bonus: the doll has a secret recording that says: "Islam is the Light" Didn't pay extra for that.

I'm actually laughing out loud as I post this picture. Family portrait Christmas morning with the camera on a timer. The best we could do. I have been told I'm sort of a "group shot" kind of person. I have to agree. Every event, I try to at least get a group shot. No artistic candid shots, just lurpy group shots.

It wouldn't be Christmas without an evening of lights at Temple Square...and yummy dinner at the Lion House. Ever had their rolls with honey butter? Mmm.

New Year's Eve, eery resemblance to white rapper, Eminem. He could not have been more in character as he sang to the "Beastie Boys" on Rock Band. A moment I will forever store in my brain. I think he really felt like a rock star...have to admit, I didn't exactly hate it.

I am his groupie

Our lovely hostess/host for New Year's Eve party

Had to include this picture...Sophie found this bead hat in Gramsie's box of dress-ups and would NOT let me take it away. Wore it all day. Maybe it makes her feel like a princess. Who knows.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Hi Lisa-
I just added your blog to ours'. Looks like your Christmas was a good one. How exciting for you parents! I love the rock band pictures...seriously that game brings out the best in everyone - I love it.
Megan

Mandi said...

finally an update!! I love all the christmas pics. sophie is so cute in her snow gear. thanks for the gift card! you totally didn't have to do that. you are always so thoughtful. missing you guys big time out here!

AnnieB said...

Several things:
1. I can't believe Matt MADE you a hat! Knitted it! That is the cutest thing ever!
2. Sophie is the cutest thing ever!
3. Now I'm craving Lion House rolls and honey butter.
4. Your family could never be "lurpy" (Mandi word!) You are all too cute!
5. I loved your Christmas card!
6. I miss you!

Megan Mills said...

Love the pics! Check out my blog about BHS class of 99 reunion stuff. They need your contact info.

Willis Family said...

What a cool gift that Matt gave you. Looks like you guys have lots of fun. We love Rock Band...I'm getting pretty good at the drums (don't love the singing). I love the pic of Sophie with the Binkie and Glasses...she is still cute as ever!