Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Claire

I forgot how much I enjoy having a tiny newborn. She smells sweet, she sleeps all day, and I love her scrunched up little body. Definitely beats pregnancy. These days I can be found in pajamas, hair undone, no makeup, holding this precious little baby.

Her arrival was extremely untimely, coming on the same day we were scheduled to move, but somehow it all worked out. My mother-in-law ended up taking me to the hospital while Matt loaded the moving truck. Once there, I learned I was already dialated to an 8. An 8!! I suddenly got a panicky feeling that I might somehow miss my "window" for an epidural, or even worse, that Matt might miss the whole thing. I remember saying to the nurse, "I definitely don't want to go natural. Please tell me I can have an epidural." I probably reminded her about 14 times and I'm sure I was annoying, but I always hear those stories about other women missing their opportunity. I got the drugs, Matt made it to the hospital, and Claire was born at 11:43 am on Saturday, september 19th. At 6 lb, 8 oz, she is a lot smaller than Sophie (8lb, 14 oz) was.

We're mostly settled in the new house now, but there are still loads of boxes to go through. How did we accumulate so much stuff in only 7 years?! Luckily we have a basement, so anything we're not sure about just goes down there. I hate clutter, and I hate being unorganized, but I'm trying to work on one box at a time. For now, I'll keep holding my little Claire and ignore all the junk in the basement.



11 comments:

Brie said...

She's precious! Love the name ;) I would love to bring you guys dinner some time, let me know when!

The McGraths said...

So precious!!! Congratulations. I think she looks like big sister sophie! OOO... it makes me miss that newborn stage so much! Hugs!

Meg said...

How precious! Lisa, you are so cool! Your new sweet baby is just an angel...oh, newborns - such a gift! Congratulations to you both and good luck with everything that is going on. Don't for get to breathe!!!

Lisette said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Love the pictures...especially with Sophie. What a doll! Congrats on the new house? Are you coming to the Halloween party at the Quayles?

Lisa said...

Congratulations! She's just beautiful, and Sophie looks like such a proud big sister! We miss you but are so happy for you!

quayles said...

She's beautiful! Way to go and congratulations!!!

Jessie said...

Congratulations!! She is gorgeous. Love the picture of Claire with Sophie's glasses. priceless.

And seriously, don't even go into your basement for the next 6 months.... :)

Newmans said...

Glad to hear that she sleeps all day for you! That's what newborns are suppose to do, how did I get the one who didn't!?! She is precious, wish I could hold her :(

jamie said...

She is so cute and tiny!!! Congratulations!!
When you are feeling up to it, we should meet for lunch!!

Three and Counting said...

Lisa and Matt- We are so happy for you guys! Such an exciting time. Love love love your new house and your new baby!

AnnieB said...

So fun to hear from you! Congratulations!! Little Claire is adorable and Sophie is to die for and your new house is beautiful. Life looks good for you my dear and we all still miss you!!