Saturday, February 23, 2008

Random pictures...

I know I'm not very good at keeping my blog updated, and it's not just because I'm lazy. Well, okay, maybe that is part of it. But mostly, we just don't have that much going on! My daily routine of cleaning, shopping, and playing with Sophie just doesn't seem exciting enough to share with everyone.

Anyway, I definitely wanted to post some pictures from the most random Valentine's party I have ever been to, or maybe that has ever existed. It was hosted by Matt's family and, get this, it was a Nacho Libre themed, dress up if you want, white elephant, pot luck party. There were some pretty crazy, homemade costumes, which made it totally worth it. We had some pretty good laughs.

Here are some other highlights from this month...

We have a season pass to The Treehouse, the children's museum in Ogden. Sophie loves playing here, especially with her cousin, Sydney (we definitely need to get a picture of them together.)


Sophie just discovered the convenience of taking a drink right out of the bath water....even against my attempts to distract her otherwise.


This may quite possibly be the cutest picture ever. I'm loving the bed head and matching mischevious grins.

Playing on the inflatable slides at Classic Fun Center in Layton...Matt is clearly the most enthused of us all!

I'm in love with this little contraption...the Ergo Baby (thank you S.R. and Tesha!!!) Almost daily, I put Sophie in this while I get things done around the house. It has been SO convenient....and sometimes puts Sophie right to sleep.

Poor thing looks like an orphan here...or maybe she's just ashamed of getting prunes all over her face. Either way, it's still a pretty cute picture.

13 comments:

Kyle said...

Yeah, you updated! I check every once in a while, just to see... I know every day life can seem monotonous and maybe un-blog- worthy, but we'd actually love to see your laundry piles and hear about your grocery store adventures or how Sophie is growing, learning and being adorable! I carry my camera in my purse and take pictures of anything that seems interesting or that would make a good blog story. ( I know, I know, I'm kind of a blog obsessed freak, but that doesn't mean I can't try to make one out of you :)

Gina and Jon said...

So I think that is the kind of valentines day party I would like to go to!

Rachel said...

Wow, she is soooo cute!! (Of course, she has darling parents, so it's natural.) Sounds like you guys have lots of fun. So good!

Jessie said...

Ok, I love bathtub pictures. The kid is just so cute! And I'm loving the picture with Matt, the blue eyes and the Ergo baby. That thing is amazing.

AnnieB said...

Oh my goodness! Sophie is to die for with those gorgeous eyes and sweet cheeks! She's getting so big! I saw you guys on the Waldrons blog and I had to see what your up to! Glad to see your doing so well but we sure miss you guys!

The McGraths said...

She has such a beautiful face! I just can't get over it. You guys make such cute babies! Have another!

Mandi said...

Okay,those cheeks are unstopable!! She isn't a baby anymore! When are you guys coming out to sunny california!!?? miss you guys!

Leisa Waldron said...

Oh my gosh I can't wait to see you guys! Look at Sophie's cheeks! I just want to squeeze her she IS SO CUTE! You still look beautiful as usual!

Brandon said...

Hey Lisa,
I saw your comment on our blog. It's fun how people "find" each other by visiting everyone elses blog. My email is melfosson@hotmail.com if you want it. Take care. I'll put your blog on our list.

Kyle said...

I had to privatize my blog. I know, paranoid right? Just too many scary stories about cyber stalkers. Leave me your email and I'll invite you onto my blog.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. Laura said...

Hi Lisa-this is Matt's cousin, Laura (Newman) Sommer. I didn't know you guys had a blog until I saw the link for it on Michele Newman's blog (the Denver Newmans). I haven't seen your baby yet so I'm glad I came to your blog. It's a great way to stay in touch with family and friends that live far away. We've got a blog too: www.sommerstationwagon.blogspot.com Come for a visit! And say hi to Matt for me. You are such a cute family.

Michelle Arnett said...

Oh myyyy. . . she has got the cutest cheeks and the most beautiful blue eyes! Yes, I know my family is crazy-especially my brother Joe.. We wish we could have gone to the V-Day party. . .looked like fun.