Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Food, Parade and Fireworks

What better way to celebrate the 4th! We spent the weekend in Burley, Idaho with my sister and her family. All the usual elements for a great holiday were present: festive red white and blue pancake breakfast, parade, afternoon BBQ, and of course, fireworks. Since Burley is such a small town, we had the best seats for the firework show. We didn't even have to camp out or wait hours in advance. They set them off at a golf course overlooking the Snake River, and I have to admit, I was really impressed! It was fun to be so close and I could not stop myself from oohing and ahhing. I was nervous about Sophie since this was her first real firework show, but she loved it!



4 comments:

Willis Family said...

I love the picture with the Watermelon! She has the best cheeks of any baby I've ever seen! Absolutely adorable!!!

Alicia said...

Awww...you gotta love Burley! My parents don't even stick around Burley for the 4th--I have to say that I don't know anyone (except you) who actually goes to Burley to celebrate the 4th. (Side note: I can only say this because I am from Burley, if anyone else said this it would be considered offensive to those of us from Burley) Too fun and too cute! Sophie is my favorite!

AnnieB said...

Love the 4th of July dress for Sophie! She is the cutest dressed baby and you are the cutest mom! Definitely let me know next time you come out here! Of course we would love to see you!

Kristen said...

The flood gates have opened my friend. Let the comments flow. It was so good to see you last night. Who lives in Burley? We went up there for the Spudman Triathalon a couple of years ago. It was fantastic. Good times in a small town.