Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Honeymoon is Over!!!

We have been spoiled! We had Lisa's parents in town for the first week, and my parents for most of the second week. This week, we will brave it all alone. Hopefully we can make it! We were trained well for parenthood (plenty of friends and family who have kids, Kaiser classes, and parents there in the first couple weeks). There is no way we can fail now!

It was a lot of fun having our folks here. I got a chance to golf once with my Rubert, my father-in-law, and twice with my dad. We also got the crib put together, did some shopping here and there, and just had a nice relaxing time. It was also a great opportunity to be with my folks before they head out on their 1.5-year mission to Brazil next month. It is strange that next time we will see them in person, Sophie will be a year and a half. We plan to make use of modern technology so we can talk, email pictures of Sophie, and maybe even get webcams set up so we can chat through Skype, but we'll see if my parents actually are able to do that. At any rate, we'll find some way to keep them in the loop about her development.

Gramsie and GrandBob

They both sleep much prettier than I do...I usually have a little drool coming out of my mouth

This baby does not like to be swaddled...she prefers her arms free!

0 comments: