Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Student Surpasses the Teacher


We were so overjoyed to receive so many great gifts for Sophie from friends and families, but this one took the cake. A friend of mine from college by the name of Amanda Perron crocheted this cute little Puritan-style cap for Sophie!

The story is, I started crocheted just before my freshman year of college. I had broken my leg, so I got my Grammie to teach me to crochet since I didn't have anything better to do. I got pretty good, but always kept it a secret from my college roommates. Then, I decided to "come out of the closet" and they were so open to it. I even got one of my roommates hooked (no pun intended). Amanda was another friend that joined our little crochet club and I taught her everything I knew. She has now surpassed my abilities and has a legitimate and enviable skill. It was so thoughtful of her to put all the time and thought into making this cap and booties. Also, be sure to check out the latest photo album here.>


SOME PHOTOS FROM SOPHIE'S BLESSING
(JULY 1, 2007)

Clearly not one of her finer moments, but she still looked beautiful!

Sophie ended up pooping all the way through the beautiful dress my mom made. We tried to get a couple of pictures before we had to change her.

My sisters came all the way to California for the event

HANGING IN SAN FRANCISCO

Half Moon Bay...It was FREEZING!

What a view!

We waited an HOUR to ride this trolley


Sophie and grandma

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Hey guys! We just got Sophie's announcement in the mail. She is beautiful. And we love the blog. Keep the pictures coming.
Congratulations.

Kyle said...

I found your blog through the Gunn's! I was so excited to see your new baby! She is adorable. Check out our blog http://kandjfrank.blogspot.com/

Rick A Christie said...

Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective. please to visit my article on maths and science Click here