Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Annual Funk Halloween Party

Not a great picture, I know, but the lighting in a church building is not the best. Halloween is one of my family's favorite holidays, and they love to go all out on the party. (No costumes this year--separate story)

Here's what we did:

1: Dinner of chili, rolls, salad, and doughnuts. This has been the menu for as long as I can remember. It's comforting.

2: Pumpkin carving/decorating contest. Matt and I made a "Sophie" pumpkin. Didn't really look like her, but we had fun doing it. I thought we had a chance at winning, but my brother beat us out with a "Hamburger" pumpkin. Clever.

3: My sister made up her own game of "Survivor"--Halloween style. She's the clever slash crafty one in the family, so we leave that stuff up to her. You can see pictures below of the dress-up relay part of the game. I know these games are cheesy, but we have a lot of fun with them.

4: I did face painting for the little ones. I love how excited they get to have a lame little spider painted on their cheek. It's cute.

That about sums it up.

The winning pumpkin

Sweet action shots from the relay game

0 comments: