Thursday, October 2, 2008

Check out my sweet new header

Creepy, I know. This picture is totally random and has nothing to do with my post, but I felt like I needed something. Let me explain. This was Sophie's first taste (and probably last) of a slurpee. She was completely off her rocker and our sides were aching with laughter after watching her. Not sure we should have compared her to Jack Nicholson from The Shining, but the resemblance is uncanny.

Anyhoo, back to the subject. I spent a week in California with my talented, beautiful friend Mandi and she created this amazing header for me. Not only did she design my blog, she also made adorable head accessories for Sophie, (check out rubysclips.com) hooked me up with free gym classes which left me aching for days, took me shopping, lunching, cooked me delicious meals and desserts, and above all, entertained me with her charm and wit. Oh, and not to mention the most beautiful "botanical gardens" I have ever seen (wink, wink) Seriously, though, this girl has more talent and creativity in her little pinky than I have or ever will have in my entire body. Yes, cliche, but I'm not great with words. Thanks for the good times, Mand (Can I call you Mand?)

Disappointingly, I did not snap a single picture, so just imagine what the pictures might have looked like.

7 comments:

Leisa Waldron said...

I love the new header! You and Mandi are both so funny, I loved reading both posts about each other. I am glad I got to see you, even for just a few minutes. We miss you guys! Congrats on everything! This year will be a great one!!!

Bree said...

Cute new header. I'm glad you're back. And the shining picture..way funny! Sophie is so cute.

Mandi said...

oh that picture is hilarious and the resemblance is scary! thanks for the tribute. we did have a fun time! hey, can you try and get the name of that paper printing company for the christmas cards. i'm chomping at the bit... that's what she said! ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Mandi said...

i need your email bad. i'm sending you a picassa web album from the trip!

Three and Counting said...

yikes- that is creepy. Had fun with you guys the other night- David couldn't stop talking about bowling. We'll have to do it again soon- especially becuase you will be leaving soon!

Willis Family said...

What a great new header...Mandi did awesome! Love the pic of Sophie...LOL! Too cute!

Jennifer Woodbury said...

I saw the cute pictures of you and Sophie on Mandi's blog. It sounds like such a fun time!